The Guest Editors for this special issue are
Percy Deift (New York University, USA)
Boris Dubrovin (SISSA, Italy)
Tamara Grava (University of Bristol, UK and SISSA, Italy)
Alexander Its (Indiana University – Purdue University Indianapolis, USA)
Peter Miller (University of Michigan, USA)
Topics for this special issue will include:
- discrete and continuous Painlevé equations;
- Riemann–Hilbert and isomonodromic methods;
- Bäcklund transformations and other direct methods;
- particular solutions and their properties;
- asymptotic analysis of solutions and solution families;
- applications of Painlevé equations in pure and applied mathematics;
- computational methods for Painlevé equations.
This issue is partly related to the workshop on Painlevé Equations and Applications held at the University of Michigan, August 25–29, 2017. It also serves to honor the memory of Andrei Kapaev, who made many important contributions to the field and who passed away unexpectedly while still very young and active.
Workshop participants and others whose work is concerned with the above topics are invited to submit papers to the special issue. For this issue, both original research articles and review papers are welcome.
There are no paper length limits to the submitted works. Deadline for the submission has been extended to May 1, 2018.
For more details, including instructions on how to submit an article, please visit: